Economic Sustainability Coordinator
Job Summary: The Economic Sustainability Coordinator facilitates the development and advancement of regional sustainability for economic development; works collaboratively to identify the economic advantages of sustainable business practices and regional coordination of community and economic development. Utilizes appropriate methodologies to achieve sound, reliable, fact-based conclusions and recommendations; and demonstrates the administrative expertise to integrate the interests of multiple stakeholders throughout the region. Serves in an advisory capacity to the North Country Council Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Committee. The successful Economic Sustainability Coordinator is a self-motivated and creative problem solver with excellent communications and presentation skills.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or commensurate work experience, with a minimum of five years work experience related to, or transferable to, the functions outlined below. Work experience in organizational development and economic analysis needed. Knowledge of energy use and distribution, energy efficiency best practices, and sustainable business practices highly desired. Ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and previous experience with grant writing.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Work with the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee to gain a generally accepted understanding of sustainable employment in the North Country of New Hampshire.
- Identify best practices for sustainable business in the North Country of New Hampshire.
- Conduct economic analysis to determine types of employment that have the most benefit to the North Country.
- Identify businesses achieving certification of STAR-qualifying energy efficiency and green construction practices.
- Conduct market analysis that identifies the number of businesses that use local products, and determine the impact of business clusters that could provide a competitive advantage for the region.
- Identify and further develop supply chains within the region that increase opportunities for local entrepreneurs.
- Working with the CEDS Committee, develop a project prioritization process based on findings of research and level of impact of investments.
- Assist with updating the CEDS document and developing a website for the CEDS.
- Generate materials for general outreach in order to seek feedback.
Problem Solving: Ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and be self-motivated. It will be important to be a critical thinker and have interpersonal skills to articulate complex concepts.
Please contact Christine Frost at email@example.com with resume and cover letter. For additional information feel free to contact via phone at 603-444-6303 ext. 22.
North Country Council, Inc., a regional planning commission for the northern third of New Hampshire, seeks a temporary part-time administrative assistant who will be assisting the Controller with bookkeeping and administrative duties. Must be proficient with Quickbooks and accounting methods. This position is 18 hours per week and is expected to be funded through the end of 2014, possibly longer. Please send your resume and cover letter to: Jenny Devost, North Country Council, Inc., 107 Glessner Rd, Bethlehem, NH 03574 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
North Country Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), and Federal and State Equal Employment Laws, equal opportunity will be afforded to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.